AAUW’s own National Conference for College Women Student Leaders (aka NCCWSL, pronounced “nick whistle”) is a two-and-a-half-day conference designed to enhance the leadership skills of college women and to promote effectiveness in their work on campus and in their community. NCCWSL will be held May 31-June 3, 2017, at the University of Maryland, College Park.
AAUW Murfreesboro is now accepting nominations for the AAUW-TN annual NCCWSL scholarship award. The individual elected by the Murfreesboro branch will be submited as our nominee for the Tennessee state scholarship. If AAUW Murfreesboro’s nominee is awarded the AAUW-TN scholarship, AAUW Murfreesboro will contribute an additional $200 in travel funds on top of the cost of registration paid for by the state.
How to submit a nomination
Your nominee should be an undergraduate student with some leadership experience, strong potential for growth in leadership, and good communication skills. The student must also be able to attend NCCWSL upon receipt of the scholarship.
To nominate a student, send an email containing the following information to email@example.com.
- Student’s full name, mailing address, phone number, and email address
- Student’s major and expected graduation date
- Student’s list of extracurricular activities
- Student’s list of leadership positions held
- Student’s permission to nominate with agreement to attend NCCWSL if selected
- A 250-350 word essay in which the student discusses the most valuable lessons they have taken from their extracurricular activities and leadership experiences and how they expect to profit from attending NCCWSL
- Your reasons for nominating the student and your opinion of how the student will benefit from the NCCWSL experience